Boone EDC Low Interest Loan Brochure and Application (pdf)
Zionsville Micro Loan Brochure and Application (pdf)
The Boone County Economic Development Corporation's Business Retention and Expansion Committee will meet at the Boone EDC office. The committee's mission is to identify existing business needs and opportunities and respond by assisting the business to grow, overcome obstacles, and/or prevent downsizing or dislocation.
Type of Committee: Standing
- Brock Hesler - Chair
- Dan Brackemyre
- Charlie Campbell
- Jacob Girouard
- Ed Miller
- Dr. Robert Taylor
- Michelle Wiltermood
Small Business Revolving Loan Fund Sub-committee:
- Brock Hesler
- Yvonne Baird
- Dan Brackemyre
- Dan Fry
- Jacob Girouard
- Dax Norton - Non Voting
- The BREC is comprised of a Chair and 9-11 representatives of the EDC Board of Directors and Staff, Local Elected officials, local Business Leaders, local and state Workforce Development Leaders, Boone County Learning Network Board Members of Staff, Local School Representatives and Utility Service Provider Representatives and a Representative of the local Human Resources Profession.
- The Chair should be a member of the Boone EDC Board.
- The BREC will report directly to the BCEDC Executive Committee.
- A quorum of the BREC consists of a majority of the members.
- Help businesses connect with other local businesses that may be able to provide products or services that are currently sourced outside of Boone County.
- Help local existing businesses see opportunities for growth and diversification
- Help local existing businesses that have operations in other geographic areas to research and identify opportunities to bringing more of their operations to Boone County.
- Identify available local and state incentives for those local existing businesses creating new jobs and/or investing to raise the assessed valuation of the community.
- Work with business and industry to develop educational programs that will provide a local workforce with knowledge and skill sets to allow them to contribute successfully to local companies.
- Help local existing businesses find workforce development resources when specialized skills are required.
- Assist local business chambers with local business start-ups with relocation and expansion through the Revolving Loan Fund
- Assist BCEDC Staff with the Creation and Implementation of the BCEDC BRE Program.
- Work with the BCEDC Staff to contract nearly all of our Major Employers to address key issues, brainstorm solutions and provide specific program help.
- Accompany the BCEDC Board Members, Staff and Local Elected offcials on "Business Advance Team" visits to the Facilities of our Major Employers.
- Business Advance Team's purpose is to visit with local employers, assist with any problems, the company may have, network with community leaders, and thank them for doing business in Boone County.
- Assist staff with the creation, distribution and analysis of Major Employer Executive Surveys.
- Identify or develop new networking opportunities for firms to work together to solve common problems, and to access industry, neighborhood, and business associations.
- Review the Strategic Plan to ensure that strategies and tactics relevant to the work of the BCEDC are being fulfilled and to ensure that major work of the committee is reflected in the strategic plan.
- Provide the BCEDC Board with an Annual Report at the end of each year.
- Assist staff and oversee the Boone EDC Small Business Revolving Loan Program.
- Assist other Boone EDC Committee's as needed.